Let’s build the future that we want to live in.
NextView is Hiring for a New Position: Venture Associate – Platform and Network
It is an exciting but also bittersweet time for us at NextView.
The bittersweet part is that our rockstar Head of Platform, Ginny Mineo will be leaving us in several months as her family relocates to the Midwest. She has been an amazing member of the team, but her personal life is drawing her away to a new city. Please reach out to her to wish her luck! Also, anyone who might be interested in bringing on an early marketing leader should definitely do whatever they can to try to hire her.
The silver lining is that we are actively recruiting for a new role for the NextView team: Venture Associate – Platform and Network. In this role, you will manage several of our current founder-focused initiatives (e.g. create and edit content for our Medium publication, spearhead our events series, run portfolio-specific programming, etc.), as well as developing new ways for us to proactively engage with the founder community. While this is not an investing role, you will get ample exposure to the venture capital industry and get an intimate look into the entrepreneurial journey of many different companies.
Our approach to hiring has always been to focus on finding the best athlete that is a great fit with our ethos vs. having a very narrow spec. We would love to speak with people who have startup marketing, editorial, and/or content marketing backgrounds like Ginny and Jay who came to us from HubSpot, but are also open to folks that have taken quite different career paths. The characteristics we are looking for are:
- Strong writer and communicator who is fluent with social media tools, common marketing SaaS software, and publishing platforms
- High intellectual horsepower and initiative
- Deeply curious about tech, startups, and in helping to champion founders that are redesigning the everyday economy
- Self-directed individual who is good operating with limited structure
- Collaborative, humble, and hungry
- 1-4 years out of college. Pre-MBA.
- This role will be based in either our New York or Boston office.
- We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented and minority backgrounds to apply.
If you or anyone you know is interested, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NextView Ventures provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. NextView Ventures expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.